Saturday 2 January 2010

Quiz tool in Moodle

As I was exploring the tools provided in moodle, I came across the Quiz tool, where tutor could ask students on open/close or open questions to allow students the opportunities to express themselves freely. As you can see on the left screen shot, I have used the Quiz tool to enquire if students from the Higher Diploma Level 2 students enjoy using the new Moodle as their virtual learning portal/ envrionment.

As seen above the answer from a randomly picked student response on the specific question: 'Do you find Moodle interesting?'. It clearly shown that student do like the idea of having so many varieties of tools available to assess and record their achievement online.

Some students has also verbally feedback that they prefer the new moodle in comparison with the old VLE named 'Blackboard'. Reason being is that the functionalities and features available in moodle has a lot of similarities to their social networking site, i.e. facebook, beeboo and hi5 account, focusing on communication and Quiz tool allows them opportunities to assess their initial knowledge on the subject.

Due to the shortage of time to fully explore the features and functionalities of moodle and to prepare resources or materials online. I felt like I could do much better than what I have contributed and done for my current students.

No comments:

Post a Comment